Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 2016 Ipsy Bag!



My ipsy bag came the same day my Boxycharm did, and I couldn't wait to see what bag I had gotten! In case you don't know, ipsy is a monthly makeup subscription service. For $10 a month you get 4-5 deluxe sized samples. It's a great value, because sometimes they send full size items! 


Like I mentioned above, sometimes you get full size items, like this Ciate Paint Pot in Spinning Teacup. This is a beautiful dusky lavender color, that is more appropriate for spring than fall, I think. Regardless, Ciate makes great nail polishes, so this will definitely be used! 


The Organic Pharmacy line is quickly becoming a favorite. In a previous bag, I received a lip balm from them and I love it!! I haven't had a chance to use this Rose Facial Cleansing Gel face wash, because I like to use up my products before trying new ones, but I may make an exception since my current face wash will last me AWHILE. (Erno Laszlo Firmarine Bar is HUGE, and I think may last the rest of my life!) Anyway, there is a foil seal for freshness, and it smells like roses!! I am hoping my skin will like it too!



Moving on, we have Winky Lux Diamond Complexion Powder in Medium. This powder.... I'm just not sure what to think of it. It claims to have actual diamond powder in it (ooooh sparkly!) and says to use all over the face for a glowing complexion. The swatch picture isn't the greatest, but this powder is very yellow, and pretty... Glow-y? I'm not sure I would use this all over my face, but it makes a beautiful, very natural looking highlight. 



It Cosmetics has great products! I haven't had a chance to use this eyeline yet, other than to swatch it, but it really does glide on smoothly and is very pigmented. I am not a fan of pencil/gel liners, but I will try this one. After it sets, it barely budges! I'm pretty impressed by that, so we will see how it performs!



Okay, so... I don't want to be one of THOSE people who complain about always getting something they don't need or use in their bag, but...... My hair is a VERY fickle creature. It will go from super healthy and soft and shiny to dry as a bone and brittle in the blink of an eye if I use the wrong thing, so I tend to stick to my hair care routine. Having said that, I am NOT a fan of the Marc Anthony Argan Oil hair are line. It is one that dries my hair out badly, but it works great on my daughter's hair, so I usually pass these things on to her. 


As a bonus, I used my ipsy points to get these two samples: pixie beauty Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner and the NKD SKN Self Tan Tanning Mousse. I've heard great things about the pixi glow tonic, soil look forward to trying it out, and I'm a bit nervous to try the self tanner. Have you tried NKD SKN before? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment