Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 2016 Boxycharm!!!

 

My August Boxycharm came in the mail not too long ago, so I wanted to share with you what came in the box!! 

If you're not familiar with Boxycharm, it is a monthly subscription box that sends you 4-6 full sized samples with an occasional deluxe size, all for $21 a month. It's really the best value I've come across for monthly beauty subs! 

August's Box included some amazing products, and some that I wasn't a fan of. So, let's jump right in! 



This month we received five full sized products (and a bonus mini blush brush for the blush and bronzer palette.) 

Starting off with the Coastal Scents Blush  and Bronzer palette, there are a total of five shades in the palette. Two blushes, two bronzes and a highlight. 


The packaging is nothing special, just heavy duty cardboard, and the brush is a nice bonus, perfect for an on-the-go tool. 




Of the two blushes, one is matte and the other is a shimmer blush. The highlight is a standard light champagne-y color, and the two bronzers feature one matte and one shimmer as well. The consistency is dry, not chalky or overly powdery, and pigmented, though they swatch a bit patchy. The matte bronzer would make a very nice contour, and the shimmer one would be a nice color to warm up the face. The shimmer is barely detectable, and definitely not chunky. 


Just to the right of the palette is the Aloepure Skincare Time Repair Serum from Aloette. This serum claims to smooth lines and wrinkles with green tea extract and alpha and beta hydroxy acids. There is a light, fresh scent, and the serum feels nice and refreshing on the back of my hand. It appears to impart a healthy glow to my skin, without being sticky. If you would like to see a full review of this product after I've used it for 30 days, let me know in the comments below!




This Doucce Mascara is probably my favorite discovery in this box! The brush is pretty big and spiky, but it really does define the lashes and gives quite a bit of volume. (Please ignore the patchy eyebrows and dark circles. I tried the mascara out with no other makeup, and a massive headache!)



Next we have this Beauty For Real Shadow STX in the color All Day Latte, a kind of muted plummy brown. I used this the other day as a base for a plum smokey eye look, and it wore beautifully, without creasing, for several hours. I'm not usually a fan of cream eyeshadows because of their tendency to crease on me, but this is definitely a win, and will be put to regular use, especially for Fall! 



The last thing in the box was the Dirty Little Secret Liquid Lipstick in Phantom, a bright orange based tomato red. Orange based reds are not flattering to my skin tone, but beyond that, I found this liquid lipstick to be very uncomfortable to wear. It was very drying, and as it dried down, I could almost feel it pulling the edges of my lips tighter. Since this particular shade isn't flattering on me, I gave it to my daughter, who it looks great on, and she doesn't mind that it is drying. 

All in all, this box was a win for me, as always. Boxycharm never disappoints!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment