Translate

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

June 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box

My June PopSugar Must Have box arrived today!  This is my first box, and I'm excited to dive into it!  PopSugar is a monthly lifestyle subscription box for $39.99.  They feature beauty, fashion, fitness and lifestyle type items. 
The box is a very sturdy cardboard.
I really like the interior of the box, and the message on the top.  It comes with a info booklet detailing the items enclosed.

First look inside.

I haven't heard much about this book.  I'm not sure it's my style, I tend to like different genres than this, but I will give it a try.  If not, I will likely send it to my mom. 

On the left, two packs of Supercandy gummies, one in Multi-Berry and the other in Sour Gummies.  They don't taste like actual gummies.  The texture is kind of strange, but they don't taste bad.  I don't care too much for the Multi-Berry ones, but the Sour ones taste similar to Sour Patch kids, one of my all time favorite candies.  On the Right Spongelle Papaya Yuzu scented bath sponge.  I want to think that I have seen and used these years ago, but I can't say for sure.  The scent is AMAZING though, and I could smell it as soon as I opened the box.  I'm looking forward to using this in just a little bit!

This was one of the big spoilers.  Quay Australia Sunglasses in Mandate.  The frames are a matte black, with what feels like a rubberized coating.  I really like the feel of them, but I can't say that they are my style, or that they will even look good on me.  I'm willing to give them a try, but I may pass these along, or sell them on Ebay. 

This is a $30 gift card to Sweet & Spark, an online curated vintage jewelry shop.  I really like some of the pieces I have seen on their shop, but most of the ones I like are sold out.  They are one of a kind (from what I understand they get their jewelry from thrift stores and estate sales, so there is only one piece, not multiples to buy.)  I will probably hang on to this and peruse the site every so often to see if there is anything that jumps out at me.  Most of the pieces are $50 and up. 

On the left, Pacifica Enlighten Eyeshadow Quad.  And on the right YogiToes headband.  I really like this headband.  The texture seems a bit more "grippy" than most headbands like this, and I'm hoping it will stay on my head, since I tend to have a problem with keeping headbands on. 

When I opened my eyeshadow quad, one of the eye shadows crumbled and fell out.  I have sent an email to see about getting this replaced. 










The shadows are pretty, but don't seem very pigmented, except the very dark purple shade.  Maybe they will look better when used with a primer.  They are pretty powdery too.  I'm not a huge fan of Pacifica's makeup products, but I'm always willing to give the a try and keep an open mind.
     


Verdict:  While I will get some use out of the products in this box, I wasn't overwhelmingly wowed by this box.  I've seen other boxes, and think it is worth it for the amount of products you get, and the other months seemed to have been way better than this month.  I will continue my subscription, and hope that it gets better.  I guess I just expected more out of this box. 

I have contacted PopSugar about the broken Pacifica eyeshadow and am waiting on a response.  I am hoping that they will replace it, like other subscription services do.  I will update when I get a response. 

**UPDATE: PopSugar is sending me a replacement for the quad! And the Spongelle body sponge is amazing!!! Smells luscious, luxurious lather, just enough exfoliation and leaves your skin lightly scented and moisturized! I definitely recommend it. And I will be buying more when this one runs out of later!**

No comments:

Post a Comment